miércoles, 20 de mayo de 2015
GIVING TALKS AND PRESENTATIONS
You are going to plan and prepare a ten / fifteen minute talk to give to the rest of the class. The talk can be on any subject you wish.
- Introduce your topic. Give your listeners a brief outline of your presentation. You can bring copies to give the audience, with the scheme of your presentation and/or some vocabulary and expressions, so that they can follow you.
- Develop all your important points. You can use visual aids (pictures, VCR, DVD player)
- Conclude your presentation by summing up your ideas. You could add some exercises (a listening activity, a comprehension exercise, questions to be answered)
HINTS FOR GIVING YOUR TALK
- Give your talk from the front of the class
- Use notes for reference, not for reading
- Speak clearly and audibly
- Be warm, friendly and enthusiastic
- Invite the class to ask you questions and to discuss some of the points
Structuring your presentation
- First of all we’ll look at….
- I’m going to speak about….
- Then I’ll move on to…
- Now I’d like to present…
- Now I’d like to explain…
- To round up…
- I’ll finish with…
Playing for time
- I see. That’s a very interesting question… Let me think… What I can say is…
- I’m glad you asked me that question…
Developing the important points
- From my point of view…
- I’m convinced that…
- I’m absolutely sure that…
- The truth of the matter…
- In addition….
Checking the communicative process
- Do you follow me?
- Can you understand me?
- Would you like me to speak more slowly?
- Have you got any questions?
Involving your audience
- What do you think about this?
- Has this ever happened to you before?
- Have you ever seen this ...?
SE PUEDE CONSULTAR LAS NOTAS A TRAVÉS DE
DE LA ESCUELA LA PÁGINA WEB
NO OLVIDÉIS QUE ESTE AÑO HAY UNA NOVEDAD IMPORTANTEà hAY QUE ACTIVAR LA CONTRASEÑA ANTES DE PODER ACCEDER A LA CONSULTA DE NOTAS. SIN ESA ACTIVACIÓN NO SE PODRA CONSULTAR LAS NOTAS.
PARA ACTIVAR SU CONTRASEÑA SE DEBEN SEGUIR LAS INSTRUCCIONES QUE ESTÁN COLGADAS EN NUESTRA PÁGINA WEB: